Storytales from the Frostgrave:
A young maiden once mourned the lost of her stillborn child so much than she made a doll that resemble the fetus. She soaked the stitching in the blood of the decease infant. Imploring pagan gypsy gods to numb the pain and to come to her help so she would never loose a child again. Little did she knew, the pagan gods answered her prayers and the doll the maiden had made came to life filled with the corrupted soul of the never born children.
Varushska was that young maiden and she’s now the old mother of many many neverborn children. She heard that within the ruins of Frostgrave exist flesh mannequins of porcelain complexion who were used as vessel for the aging souls of old decrepit wizards. So she roams the ruin, stretching her old frozen bones, dreaming of porcelain skin.
My Warband will consist of:
Varushska Zhdanova from the school of Enchanting
Magda the young her apprentice
and her caravan of gypsy brigands including at the start:
2x Treasure Hunters
and 1 Crossbowman
This make a total of 9 models which will allow me to attempt to animate a medium construct before the first game to complete the warband.
Here are the spells I decided to go with and a bit about why I chose them:
From the Enchanter school I took:
- Animate Construct (It’s the main driving force behind this Wizard, I intend on slowly replacing most of my soldiers with more docile puppets)
- Grenade (which is my main offensive spell. I picture Varushska throwing small voodoo dolls filled with bad juju which explode on contact)
- Telekinesis (For Treasure moving shenanigans)
From my three aligned schools (Witch, Sigilist, Elementalist):
- Familiar (giving me some much needed extra HP. I figure my Familiar will be represented by the different dolls that surround Varushska at all times)
- Explosive runes (Another offensive Grenade type spell to ward off opposing warbands)
- Elemental shield (for added protection)
And from the neutral schools:
- Leap (so I can send my henchmen to pick treasure in hard to reach places)
- Raise Zombie (for extra
So that’s my Frostgrave Warband in a nutshell. I hope that my thematic choices will also provide me some strategic advantage in this upcoming campaign.
Here a WIP shot of Varushska herself with frostbitten skin. I still need to do all the clothes and to add three little voodoo critter to her base:
You can see them lurking in the background here are two of her construct (Medium size) with appropriately epic poses now that they are glued to the bases:
And here’s a little Top down group shot to show you how the base look with the minis on them:
Finally a sneak peek at my next painting task:
It’s gonna be all about that base when they finish drying.